WDAC integrity check

Hello everyone,

Currently having some issues with my laptop. I'm no computer expert / programmer so please bear with me.

It is a Vista Home Premium based machine that was purchased about 6 months ago. I'm having issues with an application that relies on WDAC to work. The application worked perfectly in the past and I just recently tried to use it again and it doesn't get past the "Loading Application" screen.

From the company website, they make it clear that anyone using the software has to make sure to run the Windows update to bring the DOT NET framework and MDAC to their latest revisions.

Now, I know that MDAC has been replaced by WDAC to run under Vista. However, I learned thatonlyafter trying, for a completely different reason,to install MDAC 2.8 SP1 (I know, dumb idea).

All this to end up saying I'm pretty sure somethingwas screwed up in my WDAC when I tried installing MDAC.I would like to know if there is any way to verifythe WDAC installationintegrity, basically a Microsoft Component Checker equivalent under Vista.

Thanks a lot for helping a newbie !! Smile

May 21st, 2008 1:19am

MDAC 2.81 SP1 installation on Windows Vista may not screw up the WDAC files. (WDAC files are system files so they are protected). You could still try to use MDAC component checker.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8F0A8DF6-4A21-4B43-BF53-14332EF092C9&displaylang=en,

1. choose "Perform analysis of your machine and automatically determine the release version".

2. It will prompt you "UNKNOWN", don't worry about that. choose NO.

3. Check File Details. Make sure the file version information on your system is 6.0.6000.16386. (Vista RTM).

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 21st, 2008 5:48am

Hey, ran into this issue today and wanted to post my fix. If you think you have an issue with WDAC, you can go to command prompt and run sfc /scannow and it should fix it for Windows Vista/Server 2008 and up.
April 3rd, 2015 8:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics