WCF Data Service not working on Azure Cloud (connected to a remote MySQL)
Hi

I'm having a trouble trying to work a WCF Data Service on an Azure Cloud Service.

We've made a server-side project containing a WCF Data Service exposing Entity Framework 6 entities which are connected to a MySQL DB (ver 5.1.73) on a remote Linux, and deployed it on a Azure Cloud Service.

The deployment itself was successful and the service ran fine for some time. The problem is, it stops working a certain time (about five min later?) after an access.

We tested it several times and all eventually went the same. It goes the same on either directly from a browser, or from a Data Service client.

Error messages change by each access, but all say something along the line of "bad request ****".

One of our members looked into the access log (by tcpdump) and found out that the service on the Azure was trying to "open" a connection to the DB, even though the connection was already established. I'm having an impression that there's a glitch in the WCF Data Service Framework, but not sure.

Strangely, everything works perfectly fine at a local environment (i.e. exposing a service at a local IIS, which is connected to a remote Linux).

Does anyone have some ideas?

February 13th, 2015 10:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics