WCF-Custom adapter Extensions - Import WCF configuration - Access to the path is denied

Hello,

I'm trying to add a configuration file (containing a custom behavior) to the WCF-Custom adapter handler.

I have been able to do it on my laptop but it's not working on the server.

Here is the error I'm getting:

Unable to import configuration file ... (System.UnauthorizedAccessException) Access to the path C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\5\Config\....config is denied.

I tried giving read/write permissions the BizTalk service, Everyone, ANONYMOUS LOGON, IUSR ... but nothing worked.

The strange thing is that BizTalk is able to create that temporary file, but not to import it in the admin console ...

Do you have any ideas?

September 4th, 2013 7:03pm

Can you try opening up admin console as administrator?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2013 7:06pm

I tried and it gives me the same error ...
September 4th, 2013 7:20pm

Your laptop is running which version of windows and what about server?
September 4th, 2013 7:49pm

My laptop is running Windows 7 Enterprise (64bit) and the server is a Windows 2008 R2 Std SP1 (64bit)
September 4th, 2013 7:59pm

Can  you try with giving FULL CONTROL access ?

September 4th, 2013 8:04pm

That's what I did already.

On "Temp" folder and sub-folders (Security tab), Anonymous Logon, Everyone, IUSR, Administrators, BizTalk Host Service, System and myself have FULL CONTROL.

September 4th, 2013 8:14pm

Hello,

I'm back on this issue, I have tried all I could think of ...

Here is what I have able to find using "Process Monitor"

Process Name: mmc.exe Date & Time: 9/25/2013 2:13:21 PM Event Class: File System Operation: ReadFile Result: END OF FILE Path: C:\Users\svcBTHost_Dev\AppData\Local\Temp\3\Config\9aa8c6d1-4fb8-4a41-a2ef-57a4d1d95d2e.config TID: 15268 Duration: 0.0000037 Offset: 574 Length: 4,096 User: DOMAIN\svcBTHost_Dev

Process Name: mmc.exe Date & Time: 9/25/2013 2:13:21 PM Event Class: File System Operation: SetDispositionInformationFile Result: CANNOT DELETE Path: C:\Users\svcBTHost_Dev\AppData\Local\Temp\3\Config\9aa8c6d1-4fb8-4a41-a2ef-57a4d1d95d2e.config TID: 15268 Duration: 0.0000060 Delete: True User: DOMAIN\svcBTHost_Dev

Any thoughts?

September 25th, 2013 9:39pm

I have similar error. Not exactly the same but related to this ...\Temp directory. The error description and solution is here.

Not sure it helps, but...

September 26th, 2013 5:15pm

Finally I found out what the problem was !!

It had nothing to do with folder permissions.

It was a problem with my initial file, the one I select from the administration console. I created a new file with the same content, and it worked perfectly.

I'm not sure exactly why it was failing, but this is my guess:

The file was checked as readonly (from TFS), and when BizTalk creates the temporary file from mine, he kept the same attributes, and thus when BizTalk tried to write/update/delete the file, it failed.

or my file was simply corrupted :P

• Marked as answer by Jer-ome Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:06 PM
October 2nd, 2013 8:06pm

It was a problem with my initial file, the one I select from the administration console. I created a new file with the same content, and it worked perfectly.

The file was checked as readonly (from TFS), and when BizTalk creates the temporary file from mine, he kept the same attributes, and thus when BizTalk tried to write/update/delete the file, it failed.

In my case and probably your too it was that the file to be imported was encoded utf-8, changed to ANSI and it worked fine!
May 26th, 2015 10:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics