WCF-Custom Adapter with SAP Binding (Validation Error doubling the lengths of the fields)

I am running into an unclear error message in the event viewer when using a Send
Port with WCF-Custom adapter and  SAP Binding.

Error Message

A message sent to adapter "WCF-Custom" on send port "IDOC_To_SAP" with URI "SAP://*****************" is suspended.
 Error details: Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.XmlReaderParsingException: The length of the value for the field exceeds the allowed value. Value: 58  Field: TELF1 Allowed value: 32

<o:p>Description</o:p>

So in this scenario I have a field in the SAP IDOC called Name
which is configured to hold a max length of 16 characters,<o:p></o:p>

I pass in a source message with 29 characters for the field in question and I get the above error when the message is going out to SAP.<o:p></o:p>

Its basically doubling the Allowed Length as well as the Actual
Length.

Has anyone run into this before, is this a bug/expected result in the SAP Adapter or is
there some configuration that I am doing wrong.<o:p></o:p>

Please let me know.<o:p></o:p>

Note: No validations are performed in the Receive or send port. error is been thrown at the WCF-Custom Ad
October 8th, 2013 9:14am

The behavior of seeing the allowed lenght and the actual lenght doubled in the error message is normal. You are not doing anything wrong there. The exact detail on why this is doubled is not clear to me. I guess it has something to do with the way the values are stored in SAP.

FYI, this validation is not occuring at your port level but is happening at the adapter level.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 11th, 2013 5:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics