WBadmin in SBS2008 - process cant access file because its being used by another process
I have a client's server which uses a custom backup script which uses WBADMIN to backup an image of the server to ashare on a NAS deviceand every time the backup script runs, the following message comes up in the command prompt screen on the server: "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" I have taken a copy of the error from Event Viewer under Application below with the name of the server blanked out... Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-BackupDate: 7/05/2009 11:44:30 AMEvent ID: 519Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SYSTEMComputer: **********Description:The description for Event ID 519 from source Microsoft-Windows-Backup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. I can access the network share (using a NAS device as the backup destination over the network) and save files to it and so on but not sure where to go from here.Cheers,Sam
May 7th, 2009 7:13am

hi Sam,i see that issue is more likely with the SBS server , and i would recommend you to post your query under appropriate sbs group . If SBS group feels the issue is not with them , we are more happy to assist you further.Regarding the Windows Small Business Server issue, please post to the Windows Small Business Server discussion group. The support professionals there are better equipped to assist you. For your convenience, Ive included the link of Windows Small Business Server discussion group: Discussions in Windows Small Business Server Generalhttp://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs SBS08 Public Newsgroupshttps://connect.microsoft.com/cougar/content/content.aspx?ContentID=8333sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 7th, 2009 9:42am

HiThankyou for the response. I've followed your suggestion and have posted to the relevant discussion group. If they aren't helpful enough, then I will post again in this threadCheers,Sam
May 8th, 2009 4:30am

Hi, As Sainath explained, the best resource for this issues is SBS Newsgroup. We will provide some general troubleshooting suggestions for your reference. 1. Disable Firewall/Antivirus software on the problematic server to test. 2. If the issue persists, try to use Windows Server Backup tool to backup manually. 3. Try to test the script and NAS server on another server to make sure they are working properly. 4. If the error occurs on other systems, try the suggestions in the article below. Event ID 519 Backup Set Integrity http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734375(WS.10).aspx Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 8th, 2009 12:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics