W8K SP2
Dear all I have a customer who is using W8K SP1 with exchange 2007, the server is having some eproblem and I would like to take it to SP2, are there ant guidlines. i.e. the readiness tool, I watched a situation were SP was installed on W8K server and the never came back up so I am a little weary
February 3rd, 2011 2:54am

there is no readiness tool for sp2, requirements did not change between sp's. make sure to make a backup of the machine before applying the service pack. however, from my experience service packs dont make problems go away like that (provided it wasnt a bug described in one of the kb's it contains), so you might want to look into the problem independend of the service pack
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2011 3:06am

Before upgrading the service pack make sure that you keep all the backups. In your case please try to backup exchange 2007 information store and all the crtical data. Note: you havent mentioned the what kind of problem is your server facing due to which you wold like to upgrade to Sp2 http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
February 3rd, 2011 3:07am

Hi, I would like to explain that not all the issues can be fixed by Service Pack (SP). SP includes some previous updates and hotfixes. You may refer to the following link for how to install Windows Server 2008 SP2. Installing Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd540766(WS.10).aspx If the issue persists after installing Windows Server 2008 SP2, please describe the issue in detail so that we can try to provide you the troubleshooting suggestions. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2011 11:47pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
February 8th, 2011 9:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics