W32Time service missing
About 2 weeks after last month's updates, I noticed our server's clocks were off about two minutes.. when I went to services to see if the w32Time services needed to be restarted.. it's missing. When I went into the registry key to see if the links I setup for a time syncing resource the whole registry key paths were gone... How do I reinstall the Windows Time component back onto the server? I'm not seeing it under features... Thanks. jillJill Trehearne
May 13th, 2011 1:04pm

w32tm /register should do the trick
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2011 6:07pm

Hello, if the w32tm command doesn't help please see here about domain time configuration: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/archive/2010/06/27/time-configuration-in-a-windows-domain.aspxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 15th, 2011 8:57am

This did not work.. it looks like the Windows Time component is gone.. no registry keys, nothing.. how would I reinstall it? Thanks!Jill Trehearne
May 16th, 2011 2:03pm

Hello, which OS version including SP/patch level are you talking about? Which server roles are installed? Which error is shown if you run: net stop w32time w32tm /unregister w32tm /register net start w32time in an elevated command prompt? Which event viewer errors are shown after running the commands from the the source w32time? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 16th, 2011 2:26pm

Thanks. I already tried the steps you suggested .... and don't ask me why this worked, but I was able to get the time services to start up again by double-clicking W32Time.exe in the Windows/System32 folder... And I'm still stumped as to how it even disappeared like it did... oh well.. at least I got it back again.. Thanks to all who helped. Jill Trehearne
May 16th, 2011 6:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics