W2K3 Server hangs accessing license file
Dear friends,I have windows 2003 server with resonable high configuration in it.this server is having a s/w which accesses the license file kept in SLM server (license installed on network license server-SLM Server).but sometimes this machine gets hanged & while checking in the logs, the errors are as follows,1) error Event id : 32_ License manager error and2) error Event id : 1000 ISERVNT.exe msg pops-up after restart Note:- Network connectivity between license server & Host machine is working ok,required ports are also opened.can anybody guide me the expected resolution for the same.thank you in advance.
May 20th, 2009 8:40am

Hi, It seems current information is not enough. I suggest you try Clean Boot first and collect more information for research. 1. Clean Boot a. Click Start, type "msconfig", press Enter. b.Switch to Services tab, click Hide all Microsoft services, click Disable all. c. Switch to Startup tab, click Disable All. Click OK. Restart to test. 2. If the issue persists, help to collect following information: a. When did the issue start to occur? b. Is there any new software or hardware installed in your environment? c. Does this issue occur on other systems? d. MPS Report is helpful for research. A. Download MPS Reporting Tool (MPSRPT_PFE.EXE) from the following link: (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=00ad0eac-720f-4441-9ef6-ea9f657b5c2f&DisplayLang=en) Please note: The link may be truncated when you read the E-mail. Be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when navigating to the download location. B . Right click MPSRPT_PFE.EXE and select Run as Administrator to run this tool, and you will see a Command Window start up. C . Please type Y with the message of <Include the MSINFO32 report? (defaults to Y in 15 seconds)[Y,N]? D . When the tool is done you will see an Explorer Window opening up the %systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Reports\cab folder and containing a <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. After collecting, please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give me the download address. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 21st, 2009 2:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics