W2K3 Server and User profile hive
We have 1 out of several W2k3 servers where "some" user profile's registry hives are being updated randomly. What I don't understand is how "some" users HKEY_CURRENT_USER\<SID>\Software\TypeLib\<GUID> hive is being created and updated for the path of the VB ActiveX OCX (easyscroll.ocx) while other users are not. The other users which are not impacted don't have this hive at all which is expected. All the profiles are being displayed as "local" instead of roaming too... Any ideas?
April 4th, 2011 7:10pm

I'd get in touch with the application developer. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 4th, 2011 7:28pm

There is no difference with any of the binaries between any node or user. This issue seems more like at the OS level since the issue is only occuring for some but not all users on the same machine. The application has no code for creating any of the user specific registry entries again indicated the OS is creating a path to the OCX for the users.... I am wondering if UPHClean service does more than simply close handles to the registry? I wonder if it is possible for it to save information to the user hive thus causing the issue during "some" log offs... Also purging the user profiles appears to fix the issue...However, I am still trying to find root cause though since it only happened on one machine for several users...
April 4th, 2011 8:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics