Volume Licensing Clarification
Hello, I just got done setting up our KMS host with one of the keys available in our Volume License Service Center. I'm a bit confused on what we're actually licensed for, though. To start off, we're running a domain of a little over 150 computers, 70% of which are Windows XP. The other 30% is Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2003, and Windows 7 Pro. When I'm looking at our license pools, we have 10 entries, of which 2 are operating systems: Datacenter and Windows 7 Enterprise. However, when I look at our product keys, there's an assortment of operating systems and key types. KMS, MAK, and Volume License Keys. I've already read that a KMS server can activate an unlimited amount of computers for its product group, but obviously I don't want to activate what we haven't paid for. How can I tell exactly what I have? Why do I have different types of keys? Thanks.
February 2nd, 2011 2:00pm

Hi, For licensing questions, I suggest contacting your local Microsoft Customer Service for detailed explanation. http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/ Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2011 1:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics