Volume Activation Management Tool - Remaining Activations
Hi,Most of my windows server reside in the isolated notwork without connection to the internet. Because it needs to be activated I'm deploing VAMT with MAK proxy activation (one machine has access to the internet). All is working fine (till now:)).But I'm wondering what happens if some of machines already has been activated using phone, or by moving to other vlan.Does it count it as 2 separate license? How many times may I reactivate my machines?RegardsSzczepan
September 16th, 2008 3:24pm

Hello Szczepan, If you have already activated these computer using MAK, well, you don't need to activate them again after moving them to other networks. Be careful when you choose which computers should be activated in the other network, after moving some activated computers. Otherwise, you may reactive them. If you want, you can surely active them again by choosing these computers in another network. However, this will consume additional keys in the activation pool. If you want to reactive them, I would suggest that you call CSS to do this: For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web: http://support.microsoft.com/directory/overview.asp Best regards, Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 18th, 2008 2:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics