Visual Studio 2013 Tells Me Storage Account Key Is Invalid

I am trying to use the Azure Storage tree under Server Explorer. VS2013 tells me "storage account key is invalid" - It sounds like a simple enough message. The problem is we have other machines that connect just fine using the same key and account. In fact, this same machine does work about 10% of the time (without touching the Azure connection settings it will work one day and not another).  And yes we have copied and pasted several times to make sure we are using the right key.  We have tried both primary and secondary keys and have reset the keys once.  None of that changed the results.  And we are using the HTTPS connection.

I am absolutely convinced that we have the right account and key.  What else can cause VS2013 to say the current storage account key is invalid?  I found some references to having your clock off can cause this kind of error which gave me hope, but we have sync'd the clock many times and it does not change the result.

• Edited by burkeden Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:16 PM
June 24th, 2015 1:22pm

Hi,

What is the version of Azure SDK that you use?
You can check this by going to Help -> About Microsoft Visual Studio inside VS and see the version of Windows Azure Tools.
Also did you
install the Azure SDK manually or through WebPI?

Regards,
Malar.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 8:00am

I don't see one exactly called Azure SDK, so here is what I see in HELP - About that has anything to o with Azure:

• Common Azure Tools 1.4
  • Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools 1.3
  • Microsoft Azure Tools 2.6
  • Windows Azure Tools 2.3

I believe I installed all of the Azure related items via WebPI.

Thanks for any help.

June 25th, 2015 8:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics