Vista - Apply Properties File - Error:0xC00D0BB8
After letting MediaMonkey+MusicBrainz (=Chaos!) loose on my messy MP3s... I've been trying to get them organized again.I'm just in Explorer (Vista), making my way through all the folders.Editing. No problems there, except sometimes a few tracks within the same cd/folder come up with this-Apply Properties File (window heading)(Blahblah)Error:0xC00D0BB8 - Unknown Error (Blahblahblah) And it won't let me edit those... Anyone know what's going on? Or better yet how to fix it? :)**Sorry Mods, wasn't sure where to put this...?
October 22nd, 2008 5:34pm

Hello, You may want to post this in our Windows Vista forum. We are mainly focus on Windows Server related problems in this forum. People there have better knowledge on Windows Vista related questions and may share some useful information with you. http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=204&SiteID=17 Additionally, based on some research, I found the following article listing some related information for this error message: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/playing_files.mspx I just quote the following information for your reference: Q. Why can't I play an MP3 file? A. If you receive a message that contains error codes 0xC00D0BB8 or 0xC00D1199 when trying to play an .mp3 file, the problem might be because the file has a compressed or unsynchronized ID3 header that the Player does not support for security reasons. For more information about unsynchronized ID3 headers, in the Microsoft Knowledge Base, see article814129, "Error in Windows Media Player 9Series When You Play Specific MP3 Files." For compressed headers or other ID3v2 data, you can use a tag editing program to remove the information. For example, you can use the Advanced WMA Workshop, available from LitexMedia. Best regards,Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 27th, 2008 3:12pm

Hi,I'm getting the same error as I am doing the same thing (MediaMonkey and MusicBrainz) but i am running windows server 2008 standard.Exact same circumstances, hence the same error.I was wondering if this ever got solved/what the solution is as the error message is not entirely descriptive.Thanks in advance.
December 31st, 2008 1:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics