Vista 'Snipping Tool'
Has anyone triedinstalling this in Server 2008? If so, did it perform properly? It has been a tremendous help in Vista and shouldbe included as standard in Server 2008?
June 27th, 2007 7:12pm

I have tried coping it to WS08 and it wouldnt launch, no DLL errors. It also doesnt install with the desktop user experience. I will email the proper people to see if we can get it in.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 4th, 2007 7:44pm

It must have been an oversight to omit it in the first place. Ithas been an absolute boon inVista and I'm sure it will help in Server 2008.
July 4th, 2007 9:08pm

Any news on this issue since 2007? Is there an add-in download for Windows Server 2008 for the snipping tool. I don't understand how Microsoft could have overlooked this.
January 23rd, 2010 12:02am

"Unlike Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 doesn't include the Windows Aero enhancements (Aero Glass, Flip, 3D Flip and so on), Windows Sidebar, Windows Gadgets or other appearance enhancements. You can, however, install the Desktop Experience feature to add Windows 7 desktop functionality to a server. Windows 7 features added include Character Map, desktop themes, Disk Cleanup, Snipping Tool, Sound Recorder, Sync Center, Video for Windows (AVI support), Windows Defender and Windows Media Player. While these features allow a server to be used like a desktop computer, they can reduce the server's overall performance." from following link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee677582.aspx azwright
April 13th, 2010 7:23pm

Note that the snipping tool does not appear to be within the desktop experience for Windows Server 2008 Standard which is what is being requested. I would really like to see that too!!
October 29th, 2010 1:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics