Virtual Server Re-starts every couple of days without any reason

Was this VM built fresh or was it a conversion from a physical server or another hypervisor?

Just a quick search of the error codes leads me to think that there is some driver in the VM that is causing an issue, and my gut suspects that this VM was converted and not built as a Hyper-V VM.

Or, you have a driver or component of an application that is causing the issue and tied to some user usage pattern.

February 26th, 2014 11:46am

Hi,

We are using Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012. We have three virtual servers defined under Hyper-V. One of these is our terminal server and it is re-starting every couple of days without any reason. I have gone through the event logs. There is no event recorded 15 mins before the server re-starts. Hyper-V records the following event details :

Host-Server Error : 18590 Critical Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Worker Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Worker-

'Terminal-Server123' has encountered a fatal error.  The guest operating system reported that it failed with the following error codes: ErrorCode0: 0xD1, ErrorCode1: 0xFFFFFFF0, ErrorCode2: 0x2, ErrorCode3: 0x1, ErrorCode4: 0x44D2C22.  If the problem persists, contact Product Support for the guest operating system.  (Virtual machine ID 3A25CCF9-BC65-4422-A69B-A629E719140A)

Can someone push me in the direction of a probable solution ?

• Edited by SameerPandit Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:00 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2014 1:40pm

Hi,

We are using Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012. We have three virtual servers defined under Hyper-V. One of these is our terminal server and it is re-starting every couple of days without any reason. I have gone through the event logs. There is no event recorded 15 mins before the server re-starts. Hyper-V records the following event  :

Host-Server  18590 Critical Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Worker Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Worker-Admin

Event Details :

'Terminal-Server123' has encountered a fatal error.  The guest operating system reported that it failed with the following error codes: ErrorCode0: 0xD1, ErrorCode1: 0xFFFFFFF0, ErrorCode2: 0x2, ErrorCode3: 0x1, ErrorCode4: 0x44D2C22.  If the problem persists, contact Product Support for the guest operating system.  (Virtual machine ID 3A25CCF9-BC65-4422-A69B-A629E719140A)

Can someone push me in the direction of a probable solution ?

February 26th, 2014 1:43pm

I think you have cross-posted to the Hyper-V forum, too ( http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/70c0cfbc-e74c-47c0-b793-775f7778424a/virtual-server-restarts-every-couple-of-days-without-any-reason?forum=winserverhyperv ). As noted there, please detail if this was fresh install or a P2V migration, and if so, were any driver updates performed and removal of un-needed devices or vendor application utilities.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2014 4:21pm

Yes, this is a fresh install. And no we have not added/updated any devices/drivers post installation. I have checked device manager yesterday and there are no hidden devices either.

February 27th, 2014 4:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics