Virtual PC administrator's account disable everyday
Hi, I am running my VPC in windows server 2003. Recently am getting this weired issue . My VPC's local user (administrator) account disable everyday. So..then am logging in with my DEV account in to VPC and uncheck disable in the administrator's user properties box. I did a lot of research on this, but I could not figured it out what is going on. Can any one suggest me how to resolve this issue? Thanks.
June 26th, 2010 12:25am

Hello, if i understand you correct you have installed VirtualPC on a Windows server 2003 machine and a virtual machines, which OS version, local administrator disables automatically every day? If i misunderstand you please clarify which account on whcih machine you are talking about.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2010 3:00pm

I installed Virtual pc on a windows xp. Windows server 2003 is running in that virtual pc (main host system has windows xp...virtual machine has windows server 2003). Virtual pc's local administrator's account disables every day. I hope you understand, if not please let me know. Thanks.
June 26th, 2010 11:23pm

Hello, if an account disables automatically it belongs often to a service/application, that use this account but with a wrong password. ANother option is that Conficker Virus is resulting in account lockouts: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962007 Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 27th, 2010 1:09pm

Hi, I suspect that the issue cause by some virus. By the way, do you have any other virtual machine with the same symptom? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
June 28th, 2010 11:11am

No... I got this problem from last one month. I am the only person using VPC in my client place. Thanks.
June 29th, 2010 12:44am

Hi, Have you performed Meinolf’s suggestion to check whether there are virus within the Windows Server 2003 virtual machine? By the way, how about to keep the virtual machine running in Safe Mode for a whole day, will be same symptom occur? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
June 29th, 2010 11:04am

yes I tried to remove virus if there is any. But I could not find any virus in my machine. I tried to trun in safe mode also . but still i am getting the same issue. I dont know what happened...do i need to reinstall everything?? Thanks.
June 29th, 2010 6:30pm

Hello, what about my other suggestion "if an account disables automatically it belongs often to a service/application, that use this account but with a wrong password."? You can also use the account lockout tools: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738772(WS.10).aspx http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7AF2E69C-91F3-4E63-8629-B999ADDE0B9E&displaylang=enBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 29th, 2010 8:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics