Virtual Machines tab missing from AD in RSAT on Windows 8
I've installed RSAT on a Windows RTM machine, however the personal virtual machines tab is missing. Anyone point me in the right direction of fixing this please?MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3 Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem! If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast Trancendance Podcast View my MCP Certifications Follow me on Twitter
August 31st, 2012 4:44am

Hello, AFAIK until now there is NO RTM version from RSAT tools for WIndows 8 available, so please post the link where you have downloaded the RSAT for Windows 8 RTM.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2012 5:54am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Arthur Li TechNet Community Support
September 10th, 2012 12:06am

Still the same to be honest Arthur, I've got no further forwardMCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3 Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem! If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast Trancendance Podcast View my MCP Certifications Follow me on Twitter
September 10th, 2012 4:32am

Hi, Could you please help capture a screenshot to show us the detailed symptom? Regards, DennyPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 17th, 2012 9:08am

Hello, here is the RTM version from RSAT http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28972 for Windows server 2012 and Windows 8Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
September 17th, 2012 9:47am

Thanks Meinolf, I've now installed them but still get the same issue (although I have gained a remote desktop tab I didn't have before) https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3815979A0B8E9546!271&authkey=!ALHVeqr29CIw7Z0 MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3 Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem! If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast Trancendance Podcast View my MCP Certifications Follow me on Twitter
September 17th, 2012 10:54am

Hi Denny, Does the DC have hyper-v installed? I've now noticed that remote desktop services manager also appears to be missing from RSATMCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3 Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem! If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast Trancendance Podcast View my MCP Certifications Follow me on Twitter
October 3rd, 2012 6:58am

Hi, The DC running 2012 does not have hyper-v installed, but it is a virtual machine. I have another 2008 R2 DC which does not have hyper-v installed either, but i could see the "personal virtual desktop" Regards, DennyPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 3rd, 2012 9:56am

Hi, I tested the new RSAT version in my lab, and got the same result as yours. Further more, i find that the "personal virtual desktop" seems to be missing on 2012 DC at all. Regards, Denny Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 3rd, 2012 10:02pm

Hi, This is the screenshot of my 2012 DC. Regards, DennyPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 3rd, 2012 10:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics