Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 - Could not connect to VMM 2012

Hello,

I have a problem concerning the Virtual Machine Serviing Tool 2012: when I try to configure the tool I am asked for the VMM 2012 server and the SCCM 2012 server. But my SCVMM server is not accepted ("Could not connect to System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager server"). The account that I use has administrative rights on the SCVMM (Domain Admin). It is also not firewall related (does also not work when the firewall is turned off). The Servicing Tool is installed on the SCVMM server. My SCVMM is SCVMM 2012 SP1.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Bernd

April 30th, 2013 12:53pm

Same problem with the same configuration.... any idea?

Thanks

Felix

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2013 2:18pm

Same here!

System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1

WSUS 3.0 SP2

Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012

thanks

Juergen

May 16th, 2013 2:17pm

Ping.. me too. Same config as Juergen28.  Seems like a trend.

Rob McShinsky

May 22nd, 2013 6:26pm

It looks to me as if the VMM Powershell Module is not loaded in the background. In the eventlog is logged:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Virtual Machine Servicing Tool
Computer:      SRV-VMM-001
Description:
System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException: The term 'Get-VMMServer' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
   at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.LookupCommandInfo(String commandName, CommandOrigin commandOrigin)
   at System.Management.Automation.CommandDiscovery.LookupCommandProcessor(String commandName, CommandOrigin commandOrigin, Nullable`1 useLocalScope)
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.Command.CreateCommandProcessor(ExecutionContext executionContext, CommandFactory commandFactory, Boolean addToHistory)
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.CreatePipelineProcessor()
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeHelper()
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeThreadProc()
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have SCVMM SP1 running...

June 2nd, 2013 1:10pm

As I know, Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012 does not support work with SC 2012 VMM SP1.
June 3rd, 2013 3:50pm

This seems to be a Microsoft trend lately:

Release product updates
Don't update any of the supporting tools for said product.
???
Profit

It's been what.. 9 months since 2012 came out and 6 months since 2012 SP1 came out? Even that was a 3 month gap between being able to use System Center with the newest OS. And now its been 6 months since we've been able to patch our offline images.

June 14th, 2013 6:35pm

Same here!

System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1 RU2

WSUS 3.0 SP2

Virtual Machine Servicing Tool 2012

thanks

Juergen

July 3rd, 2013 8:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics