Virtual Machine Manager Error -A service connection point (SCP) could not be registered in Active Directory Domain Services

"A service connection point (SCP) could not be registered in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) for the VMM management server.
Run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\setup\ConfigureSCPTool.exe -install vmmmngmnt01.subdomain.domain.xx.xx SubDomain\vmmmngmnt01$" in a command window and then check AD DS. If an SCP is not registered, VMM consoles on other computers will not be able to connect to this VMM management server and deploying a Hyper-V host to a bare-metal "

I get the error above after the install completes which leaves my installation useless. Even after I run the configurescptool  .. Any ideas or Can anyone tell me how to manually add the SCP ?

August 17th, 2012 1:00am

Run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\setup\ConfigureSCP

Tool.exe -install vmmmngmnt01.subdomain.domain.xx.xx SubDomain\vmmmngmnt01$" in a command window and then check AD DS

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 6th, 2012 6:08am

It takes a stroke of genius to just copy the phrase from the prior post. As much as that we were capable of grasping without  your copy/paste...

If anybody has any real solution to this problem, I will be much in debt.

Thanks.

• Edited by cryogen72 Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:54 PM
February 11th, 2014 5:52pm

Please see the following blog post by my mate Steve: http://systemscentre.blogspot.no/2014/01/creating-service-connection-point-scp.html

-kn

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2014 9:52pm

If the VMM is installed in a cluster, the problem may come from limited permission for the cluster computer account in AD.

Check if a computer account was created in AD for the name vmmmngmnt01. If not, prestage it (search for "Failover Cluster Step-by-Step Guide: Configuring Accounts in Active Directory" in TechNet.)

Finally re-run the ConfigureSCPTool command.

January 29th, 2015 5:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics