View Other Users Requests

Is there a way to allow users to search for an IR that was not submitted by them through the portal? For example, a manager wanting to see a list of all IR's, SR's submitted by their employees? I am wanting to find a solution to this that does not include deploying the console to all of our users.

I have been reading around and have not found much other than solutions provided by other companies that I would need to pay for. I would like to avoid that.

Thanks!

April 21st, 2015 6:16pm

Visuals and interactivity aside - what about presenting/creating links for SSRS wherein you have a report that shows the current logged in user's direct re

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 1:34am

I'm not sure I entirely follow what you mean. I just have a bunch of managers asking me if they can see more than just their own tickets. They want to stay up to date on what the employees in their department are asking about, but out of the box the portal only allows them to see their own requests.
April 22nd, 2015 5:39pm

Build a report for your SQL Reporting Server for SCSM's Data Warehouse. The report would use the current logged in user's creds to then pass into a SQL query for your data warehouse. The query would be looking for all direct reports of the current user.

Based on this you could list all of those user's incidents/service requests. I draw attention to it's lack of interactivity because the second some manager want's to see more information about the Work Item you'd have to update the report.

Given SSRS is usually available on an internal URL, you could use Group Policy to push the link as a Favorite to a manager's AD group.

See here as a starting point - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/sqlserver/en-US/199769c2-25c1-4077-9e64-bd95a16c8535/ssrs-get-current-logged-in-user-to-be-used-as-parameter

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 11:41pm

We will give that a try. Thank you!
May 4th, 2015 5:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics