Video Graphics Card or Motherboard Problem?
A few months agoI hadthe problem ofa secondary internal hard drive not being recognised or accessible. The general feelingwas that the hard drive (which was newer than theprimary hard drive) was faulty. I therefore removed the hard drive.I now have another problem which is - that, without warning, my (pci) Video Graphics card just doesn't function at all. I have checked the cabling and replaced it just in case and I've unplugged it from the cardand pluggedthe monitor back into the motherboard vga slot.This results in a perfectly clear crisp monitorduring the start up process but as soon as it switches to windows all the icons and typeare fuzzy and illegible.I am now wondering if this isa windows (xp home) problem or, given the previous problem with the secondary internal hard drive,a motherboard problem.Does anyone have any ideas on thisand better yet any solution that doesn't involve buying a new computer that I can't afford rightnow?
December 4th, 2008 4:30pm

Hi, You may need to reinstall the video card driver. If you have not reinstalled it, please have a try. If the issue persists, you can also reload BIOS default settings. To get the issue resolved in a timely manner, I suggest contacting your video card manufacturer as soon as possible. If your computer is an OEM one, you can contact your computer manufacturer for direct assistance. Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 5th, 2008 9:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics