Video Driver Problem
Hello, I just installed windows server code name longhorn (beta 3 / build 6001) and i'm having some troubles to get my Radeon ATI X850XT CrossFire Edition to work. The device manager tells me: Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35) I tried the Windows Server 2003 x64 and the Windows Vista x64 driver. Both drivers result in a black screen while booting up the system.I already contacted ATI for a firmware upgrade and they told me there is no firmware upgrade available and I have to contact Microsoft. The default VGA drivergives the same error butis working (except for heavy graphics, games etc).My videocard was working fine under Windows Server 2003 x64so I don't think it's a hardware/firmware issue. Is there a solution available to get my videocard working again, or do I have to wait until ATI provides a driver/firmware update for Windows Server Longhorn?
May 12th, 2007 12:35pm

I would guess you have to wait for an update of either the BIOS or the ATI driver that is compatible with Windows Server 2008. Sorry, the incompatible drivers do get in the way now and then and destroy the fun of testing and running not yet released software. Brjann
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2007 12:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics