Very slow upload speeds using FTP or RDP

I have a 2012 r2 server running dhcp and a 2003 r2 server running dns (I will be moving dns to the 2012 server soon). Whenever anyone on the network tries to upload a file to our 2012 r2 web server using ftp or just copying and pasting in RDP the upload takes forever. Roughly a meg/minute. However, when we upload a file within a website like web email or website that says click here to upload your file, the upload runs fast and fine. Also, copying files with RDP and FTP used to work just fine. Not sure if it was me moving the DHCP server or not. All speed tests also run fine. Web works great too.

Any ideas? Not sure where to even start.

Thanks in advance.

September 14th, 2015 11:38am

Hi Succorso,

I suppose it is not related to DHCP.

After ftp or RDP is connected, they are communicating using IP addresses directly.

Update the NIC driver of the server. Also check the network cable. When uploading, check the hardware usage on the server, such as memory, CPU and hard disk. If they are in high usage, it may cause the slow.

Besides, we could use some 3rd party tools to test the network speed between them. If it's slow, we need to check the network devices.

Best Regards,

Leo

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 11:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics