Very slow logon trough remote desktop protocol
Hi all, I've a very very strange situation that is driving me crazy. I've 2 server, let's say gw1 and gw2, each server has two nic: gw1 10.151.6.1/24 --- gw2 10.151.6.2/24 gw1 10.151.4.8/24 --- gw2 10.151.4.9/24 each server has its default gateway on the 10.151.6.x network. The two servers has NLB on NIC 10.151.6.x (cluster IP is 10.151.6.100) and has RDS Gateway role. Ok now comes the truble: I'm on gw1 (or on gw2, it's the same) from there I try a rdp connection to a server that is in the 10.151.4.0/24 network I see the logon screen of the remote server after 10-20 seconds!! If i change the default gateway of gw1 (or gw2, it's the same) from NIC on 10.151.6.0/24 to NIC on 10.151.4.0/24, the logon screen comes up immediately!! Where is the mistake?
December 25th, 2011 7:01am

Hi Zim, thank you for your post. It seems to be an MS bug... I've some questions for you: - are your RDS gateway multihomed? - how have you set affinity for your RDS Gateway NLB? - have you used a certificate from a public CA?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 8:16am

Just wanted to report that we are experiencing similar issues. Our users are seeing a 30-45 second login time. I'll supply what information I have if it helps. We used MultiCast NLB because UniCast in a virtual environment would have been "tricky". MultiCase was recommended by VMware. - All servers are running on ESX 4.1 update 1 with all updates. - 8 ESX Hosts with 4gb fiber channel backplane to NetApp SAN. Only using approximately 15% of available IO/Ps - All servers are running Server 2008 R2 SP1 with all updates. - 2 Gateway servers load balanced using Multicase NLB (x.x.32.101 and x.x.32.102, cluster=x.x.32.100) - NLB Cluster IP have SSL port 443 open to the world. Both Gateways sit in the DMZ. - 2 Broker servers, clustered failover - 1 RDS License server - Users are all remote (through Gateway) accessing small RDS Farms to access data and programs - Approximately 20-30 users per client - 12-15 users per RDS Host (Application requirement) - Whether internal or external, always connect through Gateway. Always takes at least 20-30 seconds. Most clients are seeing 30-45 seconds login time - Internally if I bypass the Gateway, connectivity is almost immediatezim
December 25th, 2011 8:42am

This is not an answer
December 25th, 2011 11:54am

1. Why not to use network monitor and analyze the treaffic? 2. I do not see the information on operating system and security level. 3. Response time would depend on the type of name resolution, unless you use IP address (instead of names). 4. I have had problems with full multicard configuration that I have resolved by driver from server vendor (Dell) Regards Milos
December 25th, 2011 12:38pm

Hi Andrea, Till to now, our product team have not recieved report regarding this bug. We need to collect network monitor trace to analyze the network enviornment. Based on experience, I suggest you visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone Your question falls into the paid support category which requires a more in-depth level of support. Thanks, Kevin Ni Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 25th, 2011 11:33pm

Hi, Thank you for your post. This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue. Best Regards Elytis ChengPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that Elytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
December 26th, 2011 2:37am

1. I'll try even if I'm not an expert network engineer 2. All servers are Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter SP1 running on the top of a VMWare ESX 4.1 3. I use direct IP address 4. Does it apply to me even if I'm into a virtual environment?
December 26th, 2011 3:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics