Very Strange Network Issue With Two Guests on 2012 R2 Hyper-V Failover Cluster

Hi all.  We're having a odd issue with two guests on our 2012 R2 failover cluster.  

In a nutshell, if we shutdown a particular server (I'll call it Server A) another totally different server (Server B) on the same node loses it's network connectivity to the domain. If we start server A back up, network connectivity returns on server B.  

At first I thought server A might be running a service that was somehow linked to server B, so I decided to disable server A's NIC.  Interestingly, that had no affect on server B's connectivity.  

The next step I tried was pausing server A and again, no adverse affect on server B's connectivity.  

Next step was to live migrate server A to another node.  This action did cause server B to lose its network connection. 

One other clue is that if I ping server B from either of the Hyper-V hosts in the cluster, I never lose network connection to server B.

So I would suspect this is some network issue on the cluster, but I'm kind of at a loss where to go from here.  

Has anyone seen this behavior before or does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions I can try?

Thanks!

February 21st, 2015 11:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics