Various issues faxing through Windows Server 2008 R2 Std.
Help! I get "Fatal Errors" sending faxes as well as "To send faxes using the printer you selected, you must first create a fax account." messages. Both of these happen from Windows 7 Professional PCs faxing through a Windows Server 2008 R2 Std Fax server. The Fatal Errors are somewhat inconsistent but fairly regular but the "must first create account" error happens every time from one workstation. On the "must first create account" workstation it does actually send the fax but the error is misleading to the user. I have removed the fax services from Control Panel, Windows Features on the workstation, rebooted, removed the account from the server, restarted fax services on the server, added back the fax services to the workstation, rebooted, reconnected to the fax server and still get the same message. On the "Fatal error" workstation I have tried tweeking with the modem settings (flow control, modem speed, etc,) but still get this issue. I am hesitant about removing the Fax Server role from the server as I have over a dozen accounts sending and receiving faxes through it right now. Does anyone have any suggestions and if I do remove the Fax Server role from the Windows 2008 Server when I add it back will I get the same settings as before? Thank you.
November 28th, 2012 1:43am

I would have ask here. Print/Fax forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverprint/threads
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 28th, 2012 6:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics