Validation after migration

hello every one,

i have migrated sybase database to sql sererver it seems successfully migrated, we required to validate data and datatype before going to production, how can this be achieved, kind of stored procedure which can be run both sides (sybase and sql) and validated in some way. or any other suggestions.

thanks

August 31st, 2015 8:27am

I guess you need to physically select all tables and see the data. I dont think there is query/SP to actually check data integrity.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 8:59am

but there are thousand of table, physically doing this would not be a good solution. at least table structure, datatype n count of records.. like that .
August 31st, 2015 9:19am

Hi Zeal,

You can consider to export table contents from SQL Server database and Sybase database to files such as Excel and CSV, then compare the outcome that includes data and columns. There is also a similar thread about using application controls to validate data for your reference.

Also you can use DBCC CHECKDB to check logical and physical integrity of all the objects in the specified database from SQL Server. For more information about DBCC CHECKDB, see  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176064.aspx .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 2:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics