Validating File and Print Sharing network binding error

Hello,

Hopefully somebody can assist me.

Problem:  I am trying to create a 2 node failover cluster using starwind and Windows Server 2012.  While conducting validation I get a failure in the storage area, with the message of "Unexpected error while validating File and Print Sharing network binding on node (Server 1 and 2): The server threw an exception."

Setup: 2 Dell R720s with 2 software mirrored drives for the OS, and 14 additional drives (Hardware Raid 0) for data (total of 11TB).  Starwind installed, and running correctly, with iSCSI drives recognized and syncing.  4 NICS (1 for local network, 1 for heartbeat, and 2 for iSCSI traffic).  When validating or trying to create the cluster, above failure indicated.

Steps taken so far: Rebooted several times.  Since it was a storage failure, I first contacted Starwind, who worked with me for 2 hours, but after verifying their software was working, indicated they had not seen the error before.  I have verified and played with the network binding orders, and messing with the Microsoft File and Sharing on the NICS.  Still have not been able to get past this error.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Frank

July 12th, 2013 5:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics