VS 2013, VSAE No file round-tripping extension provider has been found for content type 'mpxml'.

I've recently upgraded to VS 2k13.  Some previous mps were created in VS 2k10 using VSAE. They live in TFS.  I received this error last week, decided to update to update 1, and the problem went away. Today it's back. Has anyone else seen this error?

No file round-tripping extension provider has been found for content type 'mpxml'.

January 27th, 2014 3:43pm

Hi,

Since the issue occurred after upgrading to VS 2k13, I suggest you re-create MPs.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 29th, 2014 3:28am

I had been working with mp's on 2k13 for a few weeks on this machine prior to the problem. My other machine still works as well as a coworkers. I just attempted a repair of 2k13 which didn't resolve the issue. I'm going to try a full reinstall next.
January 29th, 2014 4:17pm

Hey, did you ever figure this out? I started getting this on my machine... very annoying.

Suddenly one day they worked again... and then the day after, stopper working...

February 26th, 2014 4:13am

I couldn't find an exact answer after a reinstall or two, but I think it might be related to Powershell tools or Web essentials 2013. I did see one non-related post to round tripping on the powershell tools page.  If you have either of those I would suggest removing/rebooting and see if that resolves your issue.  I also removed "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0" as part of this process. Please do so at your own risk.  Goodluck

February 27th, 2014 10:00pm

Same problem here!

In my case, VSAE worked on VS2012 but it was not available in my VS2013.

So i reinstalled VSAE......

Now VS2013 works, but VS2012 makes this error (and i have to keep some projects in VS2012 because of customer requirements for sharing their projects)

Anyone have an idea?

April 3rd, 2014 9:33am

I am getting this error now, and I am only creating New Management packs

are there any fixes yet?

March 3rd, 2015 8:22am

Boom!

After working hours and hours and hours, my visual studio suddenly didnt work again.

I did install some windows updates (not for visual studio), and then it broke!

Re-install does not work for me...... I can't seem to find a solution yet....!

April 20th, 2015 8:56am

Hi,

Dit you find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem with VS2013

July 8th, 2015 10:37am

I uninstalled again both VSAE and VS2013

Rebooted.

Reinstall.

then it worked.

July 8th, 2015 10:44am

I also had the issue,

I had to uninstall some of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2012 reference apps, after I uninstalled and then reinstalled all of them again. it started working for me.

hope this helps someone.

July 21st, 2015 1:17am

I installed new version of Resharper. I now i have the problem once again! .. damnit!
August 11th, 2015 8:11am

Jakob,

Did you try just removing VSAE, Reboot, the install VSAE fresh?

August 13th, 2015 2:39pm

Hey mate!

I hate to say it, but it worked!!! .. I have tried that all other times when I had this problem, but this time i actually worked!.. Thanks mate! :D

so

1. remove VSAE

2. Reboot

3. Install VSAE.

And install VSAE AFTER you install resharper :) (could be other extension tools also does the same)

August 14th, 2015 3:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics