VS2010 with ssrs 2012. RDl changes not showing in preview

Why is it that when I make changes to an ssrs report rdl file in Visual studio 2012 sp2, I cannot see the changes when "Previewing" unless I go to the hard drive and physically delete my "Bin" output folder. I don't get any error messages, it just continues to show the old version of the rdl file.

thanks!

August 26th, 2015 7:23pm

Hi chenthorn,

According to your description, you have changed the report in Visual Studio, but when you run the report, it also display the same result as the old report, right?

In your scenario, the issue can be caused by that the report data has been cached in Visual Studio. Please go to the folder which contains the report, check if there is a .data file of this report. If that is a case, please delete it. Also please change CacheDataForPreview to false in RSReportDesiner.config file. For more information, please refer to this article: Preventing Data Caching when Developing SSRS Reports.

If issue persists, please close the report then reload it in Visual Studio. Also you can view the .RDL code to see if the modification has been added in the code. Please refer to this article to view code: How to: View the Report Definition Language Source (Reporting Services).

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 10:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics