VPN to Adtran router?
Hi, I have an Adtran Netvanta 7100 router with VPN capabilities which are currently enabled. Adtran sells a VPN client which can talk to the router. The VPN seems to use industry standards like 3DES which I believe Windows also supports, so I'm wondering if I can use standard Windows features to access the Adtran VPN as a client. I'm not looking for a cookbook answer; I can read manuals and figure stuff out. But if it's totally unsupported and hopeless for some reason then I'd like to know to save me the effort of investigating. My client environment is Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7. So my questions are: Can I do this at all or is it hopeless? If I can, would I make a VPN connection of some kind, or would I set up IPSec rules in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (or netsh)? If I can do this, can I do it from behind a NAT router or does my client have to be directly on the Internet? I have some ability to change the VPN settings in the Adtran. If Windows is conceptually able to do this but the Adtran is using some non-supported encryption or something, then can you tell me which specific details are not supported so I can look at fine-tuning the Adtran configuration to something that Windows can handle? Below is an excerpt of the Adtran config file that shows the current NetVanta VPN server configuration - I don't expect there to be a lot of Adtran experts on this list but I think the config is easy enough to understand in general terms so somebody could point me in the right direction. Thanks for any advice you can provide. crypto ike policy 100 no initiate respond anymode local-id address <Public IP deleted> peer any client configuration pool RemoteUsers attribute 1 encryption 3des hash md5 authentication pre-share ! crypto ike remote-id user-fqdn <User ID Deleted> preshared-key <PSK Deleted> ike-policy 100 crypto map VPN 10 no-xauth ! crypto ipsec transform-set esp-3des-esp-md5-hmac esp-3des esp-md5-hmac mode tunnel ! crypto map VPN 10 ipsec-ike description RemoteUsers match address VPN-10-vpn-selectors1 set transform-set esp-3des-esp-md5-hmac ike-policy 100 mobile
January 16th, 2012 3:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics