VPN SSTP Win 2008 R - Can not issue a Certificate (Online Certificate Authority "Select" button Greyed)
Hello I have a w2008R server (as workgroup) and not a Domain. I followed the how-to to get the VPN to work as an SSTP mode. The problem is when I am trying to create a certificate (in IIS) the online certificate autority select button is greyed out! How can get my server to allow SSTP connection with CA certificate. Thanks all. regards Ray
December 23rd, 2010 11:17am

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:13:27 +0000, Dactor wrote: I have a w2008R server (as workgroup) and not a Domain. I followed the how-to to get the VPN to work as an SSTP mode. The problem is when I am trying to create a certificate (in IIS) the online certificate autority select button is greyed out! How can get my server to allow SSTP connection with CA certificate. You can't do this online with a workgroup computer. That button only works for domain joined computers. You're going to have to save the request to a file, and then manually submit it to a CA. Paul Adare MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager http://www.identit.ca Want custom ringtones on your Windows Phone 7 device? %If God had intended Man to program, we would be born with serial I/O ports.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2010 11:20am

Thanks Paul, I do have one certificate issued for this IIS server already by the server provider, but when I follow the instructions of configuring the client (who wants to connect to the vpn server SSTP) I need to add the certificate to the trusted areas by going to domain.com/certsrv but when I do that I dont get anything! my IIS manager does not show the common (Certenroll and Certsrv) under the Default website or anywhere else!
December 23rd, 2010 11:31am

Hi, You need to request a server authentication certificate and install it on the SSTP VPN server. If you have already requested a server authentication certificate from CA , please import the CA certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store on the client computer. For more detailed, please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731352(WS.10).aspx This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 29th, 2010 1:52am

you can try Pure VPN Service for Best Connection
January 5th, 2011 7:01am

you can try Pure VPN Service for Best Connection
January 5th, 2011 2:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics