VPN Problem
After installing the VPN connection on my Windows Server 2003 the gateway was lost and the machine couldn't connect to the internet or any machine on our network. Why?
June 9th, 2010 4:49pm

Hi, Thanks for the post. As this issue is not very clear, would you please diagram the network topology (the locations of VPN server, etc.) involved? What do you mean by "the machine couldn't connect to the internet or any machine on our network"? My understanding is the VPN server cannot connect to the internet or machine on our network. If so, does other servers and clients can connect with each other in Internal Network? In addition, is the VPN server and Gateway on the same machine? Please collect the MPSReport from the VPN server. 1. Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below. Microsoft Product Support Reports http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en 2. Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", “Internet and Networking”, “Server Components”, click Next. 3. After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. Please send the files to me directly at tfwst@microsoft.com Thanks, Miles
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 10th, 2010 12:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics