VPN Ports
I am currently testing Windows Server 2008.Internally, everything works OK.Externally, I can get to DNS, HTTP[S], etc. with no problems.What I can not do is to connect via VPN.The remote system reports that the server is not responding.The server is connected to the internet via a Linksys router. The router redirects various ports to the internal (192.168.1.x) address of the server.Obviously, I need to redirect some additional ports.Can someone point me to the additional ports & protocols I need to redirect in order to make the VPN operational?Thanks.John P. Baker
June 10th, 2008 8:34am

Hello, I assume the errors below as you have not mentioned the errors in your post, so please refer to the link below.case Studies - VPN error 721 and 800 Case 1: When a user attempts to access the Windows VPN server that is behind a Linksys WRT54G, he receives VPN Error 800 or 721. ... www.chicagotech.net/VPN/vpncase800.htm Thanks Syed Syed
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 10th, 2008 9:33am

Hello, Thanks Syed for the information sharing. Based on my experience, to pass PPTP VPN though Linksys NAT device, you need to open TCP Port 1723. And for some kinds of routers, you might need to disable PPTP VPN Service on the router first. I recommend you contact to Linksys support directly regarding how to configure the router to pass-through VPN connection if the above information doesnt help. Thanks.
June 11th, 2008 11:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics