VNC on Longhorn
Has anyone had any success using VNC (RealVNC or UltraVNC) on Longhorn.?RealVNC won't install. UltraVNC does and the client works fine.I cannot, however, connect to Longhorn from a remote server. VNC is enabled in the Longhorn firewall as are the required ports.Remote Desktop works properly in client/server modes.Robbie
January 27th, 2007 6:03pm

got the same problem
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 1st, 2007 6:14am

Hi,I guess the problem is very similar with Vista.UltraVNC does not install in "server mode" (service) in order to avoid some security issues (according to what I read in other forums). It installs in "user mode' but crashes each time you need priviledged access (for instance, in order to install a new program).I still have found no solution ... except the "remote desktop console" wich works (on some Vista at least). Unfortunately, the user in from of his screen can not see what you are doing on his PC!Vincent
August 13th, 2007 12:29pm

have you try: left click on the installer / property /compatibility tab / select run in admin mode (or something close). Do the same thing for the installed exe. So as to don't have UAC popup you can change it,by avoiding popup for admin (that's dansgerous : secpol.msc local stragegy / security options). ++
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2007 6:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics