VMs Live Migration Issues

We Have Three Hyper-V Host with Shared Cluster.

Hyper-V Host 1 = CS1

Hyper-V Host 2 = CS2

Hyper-V Host 3 = CS3

I am successful able to live migrate VMs from CS1 to CS2 and CS2 to CS1 but unable to live migrate CS1 & CS2 to CS3

Following Error is Recorded at cluster Manager

Event id : 1205

Cluster resource 'Virtual Machine CS-FileServer' of type 'Virtual Machine' in clustered role 'CS-FileServer' failed. The error code was '0x2' ('The system cannot find the file specified.').

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it.  Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

Event id : 1069

Cluster resource 'Virtual Machine CS-FileServer' of type 'Virtual Machine' in clustered role 'CS-FileServer' failed. The error code was '0x2' ('The system cannot find the file specified.').

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it.  Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

October 22nd, 2014 1:37pm

does CS3 have all the same iSCSI connections as the other two nodes?

Was CS3 added later and maybe security on the shared storage was not configured for CS3 i.e. constrained deleigation?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 22nd, 2014 3:41pm

actually its HP blade Server with three computes and having internal SAN and all has been configured at same time.
October 24th, 2014 8:06am

Have you verified CS3 has visibility to the shared storage?

The fact that it's complaining it can't find the file leads me to believe it has no visibility to the cluster storage. 

October 24th, 2014 10:34pm

Yes It is a Part of cluster you can see on failover cluster manager

October 27th, 2014 3:52pm

Live migration is just failed but when i shutdown machine and then migrate its working fine
October 27th, 2014 3:53pm

If you can't do a Live Migration (online), only a Quick Migration (offline); most of the time it is because your VM network interfaces on the destination servers are not identical or valid.

October 27th, 2014 3:59pm

I checked that all interface of CS1 , CS2 and CS3 have identical network configuration
October 29th, 2014 7:36am

Hi Darren,

i checked constrained delegation is fine and cifs and windows migration service is allowed.

October 30th, 2014 7:06am

Hi Osama,

I would suggest you to run "Validate Configuration..." for the node CS3 in failover cluster manager .

Any further information please feel free to let un know .

Best Regards

Elton Ji

November 1st, 2014 4:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics