VMM not showing Virtual Machines
Hi All - previously, SCVMM 2012 r2 is showing all VM on a particular host. all of a sudden, this two particular host doesnt show any vm at all. it is blank. i tried to force update the agent and it is still not solving my problem. any thoughts on where should i look? i am new to this technology, so thank you so much for your help. 
July 23rd, 2015 11:49am

Hi Sir,

>> all of a sudden, this two particular host doesnt show any vm at all. it is blank.

If we remove or "disconnect" VM in hyper-v host , it will tag "missing" state for that VM .

In addition , these VM and its state will be stored in SQL , you can find them in the following path (it is not recommended to edit VMM tables in SQL ):

SQL server management studio --> in object explorer click "data bases" and find VMM data base --> expand it and click "tables" --> find this table " dbo.tbl_WLC_Vobject" --> right click it and select "Edit top 200 Rows" , you will see these VMs .

Also, please use powershell command "get-scvirtualmachine" to check if these VMs exist .

If there is no  record  , I would suggest you to re-add the hosts into VMM again .

Best Regards,

El

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 27th, 2015 3:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics