VMM error: ID: 3128 Class not registered (0x80040154)

Whenever I have this problem, the ping the AT&T modem timeout after 3 or 4 replies.

When attempting to convert a Windows 2000 server sp4 to a VM using Microsoft VMM 2008 R2, I receive this message:

Unable to convert physical server. An internal agent error has occurred on COMM01.chicagotech.net.

Ensure that the P2V agent is installed on COMM01.chicagotech.net and that the P2V agent service is running, and then try the operation again.

ID: 3128

Details: Class not registered (0x80040154)

I have installed SP4 and all hotfixes Microsoft recommends. Any suggestions?

February 27th, 2015 4:26am

Hi Sir,

Please follow the document to perform an offline P2V for server 2000 :

"

Offline Conversion

Offline P2V is the only option for Windows 2000 Server conversions, because Windows 2000 Server does not support VSS. Unlike online conversions, the user must provide any missing drivers if Windows PE does not support the source computer. The offline conversion consists of four steps:

1.               Agent installation. Virtual Machine Manager installs the VMM agent on the source computer.
  2.               The VMM agent installs a Windows PE image on the source computer and modifies the boot record. As a result, the source computer boots into Windows PE instead of the base operating system.
  3.               VMM begins streaming physical disks. There are no snapshots in this process.
  4.               The remainder of the process is similar to the Fix-Up phase and Create Virtual Machine Phase in an online P2V.

"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb963740.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 4th, 2015 6:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics