VMM does not have appropriate permissions to access the resource
Hello,

When I'm trying to add the Hyper-v server on the VMM-server I get the following error with WinRM:
---------
error (20552)
VMM does not have appropriate permissions to access the resource on the xxxxx server.

Recommended Action
Ensure that Virtual Machine Manager has the appropriate rights to perform this action.

Also, verify that CredSSP authentication is currently enabled on the service configuration of the target computer xxx. To enable the CredSSP on the service configuration of the target computer, run the following command from an elevated command line: winrm set winrm/config/service/auth @{CredSSP=true}
---------
The setup is as follow:

-hyper-v cluster running in the datacenter
-vmm-server (APP-controller is also installed) running on a different location.

The vmm server is up-and-running and Im trying to add one of the two hyper-v server from the datacenter. I installed it as windows server computer in a perimeter network. The guide i used for the installation was from this website (only i took the install files from the vmm-server, not from the cd):
http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11270-how-to-add-hyper-v-hosts-in-a-perimeter-network-in-vmm-2012-r2/

I added the hyper-v where the vmm-server is running on to check if my vmm server is running properly. So the problem is the connection to the datacenter. Of course i checked the Firewall if there where any blocks there.

Can anyone please share the possible resolutions/workarounds.

Thank you.

August 24th, 2015 1:42pm

Hi Elton,

Thanks for your reply! I followed the guide from the link and manage to add the Hyper-v server from the cluster. The are indeed in different domains.

I added one server to a private cloud and I can manage that server with app controller when I'm log on the VMM-server. The weird problem is, when I'm trying to login on app controller from my laptop (so not the vmm-server), the logging process is very slow and it seems that I can't log in. Is this a known issue?

Kind regards,

Alexander

edit:

Nevermind, it seems that the newest Silverlight update on osx made the logging problem. The website is running fine on all the other devices.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 5:28am

Hi Sir,

>>The weird problem is, when I'm trying to login on app controller from my laptop (so not the vmm-server), the logging process is very slow and it seems that I can't log in. Is this a known issue

As we known , App controller needs to connect to VMM server , if that laptop resides in the same network with VMM/APP controller server , it shouldn't be slow .

If I recall it correctly , it is recommended to use app controller inside the system center environment .

Did you configure port forwarding for  that website of appcontroller server , you tried to connect it over internet ?

You may get further assistance from App controller forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=appcontroller

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

August 25th, 2015 9:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics