Using security group for calendar sharing (0365)

Hi,

I've been searching for a solution to my answer a while now but I haven't found anthing that is exactly what i need.

Is it poosibble in Powershell (Office 365) to assign a Security group for example Limited Details calendar access to all users calendars (or a distribution group that contains all users). And thne just add the users that should have the ability to see other users calendars to the security group?

The idea of this is that I want it to automatic update, so when I add a user to the distribution group that contains all user - all users in the security group can see that users calendar.

and when I add a person to the security group it can see all users calendars.

Or is it not possible?

Regards, Lars Fredriksson

September 9th, 2015 7:46am

To learn how to set up and share calendars start here: https://community.office365.com/en-us/f
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 9:47am

Hi,

I asked the question there first - but the only answer I got was to use this forum instead.

Regards, Lars Fredriksson

September 10th, 2015 12:52am

Stop saying how you want to do this and ask if it is possible in any way to do what you are asking.  Don't mention scripting.  Just ask how you add a security group to a calendar.  I think you will get an answer

Always ask your "how to" questions in O365 forum first.  You can also use your search engine to find solutions.4

I also suggest learning how to use PowerShell and learning the O365 CmdLets to see how to do common tasks in O365.  You will find that many things can be done easily but many things that can be done in AD cannot be done in Office 365. And, of course, there are the differences in different online products and whether you are a "hybrid" implementation or not.

September 10th, 2015 1:19am

Assuming you canget assistance from the O365 forum here is the PowerShell part.

I have a defined security group in my test O365 account "TestSecGrp"

Here is a command that will assign fule authoring permisisons to a mailbox folder.

Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity myuser@mycorpsystem.net:\Calendar -AccessRights author -User TestSecGrp

The O365 forum will be helpful in determining what types of groups you can use.  You can and should test all with the GUI first then convert to PowerShell to batch the operation.  The forums will step you through how to use the GUI to test this.

September 10th, 2015 1:49am

Here are a list of AD CmdLets for O365 Exchange: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200780(v=exchg.150).aspx

September 10th, 2015 2:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics