Using WinRM from two seperate forest (no trust) to connect to a server core 2008 R2 domain controller

Is it possible to use servermanager.msc and GPMC.msc from a Win7 box with RSAT installed and trying to connect to a domain controller in a seperate forest (no trust)?  I keep getting the error about the WinRM client cannont process the request.  I do launch both using an elevated command prompt using this command: runas /netonly /user:domain\administrator "mmc servermanager.msc /server:x.x.x.x".  Its prompts me for the password and I enter it.  I have added the hostname of my desktop to the "trustedhosts" of the DC I am trying to access.  I have also ran the quickconfig for WinRM setup and manually entered two SPN to reflect the hostname of the DC, but I still cant access the server remotely.  What can be done to allow remote management from one forest to another seperate foreset (no trust) using these two snap-ins?  Other snaps-ins work, but these do not.  I also see error codes of 10149 and 10154 in the DC's event log.

January 15th, 2014 6:27pm

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your issue in the forum.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 20th, 2014 6:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics