Using Web Enrollment
I have setup a standalone certificate authority. This server is on a domain. I am able to navigate to the Web Enrollment site and fill out the request for a certificate. When I submit the request I receive the following error. Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing your request. Contact Administrator for further assistance. Under the details area, I receive the following error. Request mode: newreq - New Request Disposition never set Disposition message (none) Result the permissions on this certificate authority do not allow the current user to enroll for certificates. I have looked and I am in the security section in the certification authority snapin will all rights checked and I am added to the CERT_SRV_ group of the domain's builtin group. Where else do I need to be added to be allowed to enroll for a certifcate? Thanks CraigCraig David Systems Administrator II
June 28th, 2011 5:59pm

Maybe is because the security permissions for the certificate template. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc962096.aspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2011 1:03pm

Maybe is because the security permissions for the certificate template. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc962096.aspx That would be a very good reason.... There are not any templates in the templates area. Is this an indication that this installation was a failure? If so, I believe this was because the user that installed the certificate authority did not have domain admin rights to the domain. I am fairly new to the certificate authority side. What do I need to do to be able to re-install the certificate authority using the same machine name? I have read there is several places that I need to go to be able to remove/re-install a certificate authority. Thanks for your time, CraigCraig David Systems Administrator III
June 29th, 2011 5:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics