Using GPO to implement IPsec Security
I am trying to design an easy IP Security Policy through a GPO. Securing communications between server and workstations in local area network is my number one goal. When creating a rule, should the source be "any ip address", and the destination be "my ip address"? Thus the source means each workstations ip and the destination means my server's ip address. Second, the protocol im trying to filter...should this be "Any" ? One video tutorial I saw selected tcp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
August 23rd, 2012 6:51pm

The source and destination definitions in IPSec or Connection Security rules are normally mirrored and are rather seen as endpoint 1 and 2 to define how IPSec is applied when traffic flows between the two end point regardless direction. To secure traffic to and from a specific server, the IPSec rule configured locally on the server should either include the servers IP address or use the "my ip address" definition in one of the endpoints. The corresponding rule on the clients/workstations must include the servers IP address in one of the endpoint. If you want to apply IPSec on all IP based connections regardless protocol then using any is suitable. /Hasain
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2012 2:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics