Using Credential Manager to authenticate the Share Point resource
Hi folks, I´m facing a situation in which I can´t configure a forest trust because the Netbios name is the same for both. I´m creating a totally new environment in parallel to the production. All network resources will be migrated to the new environment. The user objects, computer objects and mailboxes will be migrated first, but, not all at the same time. I need to provide authentication between these 2 forests not using trust. I tried and I was able to access network shares in another forest using Credential Manager to authenticate to those resources. When I tried to access a SHARE POINT resource, first, the portal asks for keeping the credentials and it is stored in Credential Manager correctly, but, when i close the browser and open it again, it asks again for the credential and it´s necessary to entry with my credential again. Isn´t it possible to authenticate a Share Point resource on another forest using Credential Manager? Both environmtens: Forest 1: AD: 2003 Exchange Organization 2003 SP2 ____ Forest 2: AD: 2008 R2 Exchange Organization: 2010 SP1
April 7th, 2011 2:54pm

Have you tried adding the new server to your local intranets security zone in IE?*a
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 1:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics