Users startup broken? Only opens a Windows Explorer instead of taskbar...
I've recently installed Win2008 and it was running just fine. But now I noticed that when the user logs in, the taskbar is not beign displayed and the explorer.exe is opened as a new Windows Explorer window... If I press alt-ctrl-del, run the Task Manager and then I run explorer.exe, the taskbar is displayed ok and Windows keeps working as usually. But it's a very annoying behaviour and I'm not sure what can be done... (I don't want to reinstall the whole OS and start all over again).Ideas? Thanks a lot. Edit: I forgot to mention that is not a user-related issue, it happens with any user. Also I tried to temporaly "fix" it with creating a shortcout to explorer.exe in the start group but is not being opened at the time, so nothing happens (it opens the start menu after I manually execute explorer.exe).
March 8th, 2008 8:39pm

It sounds to me like your default user/all usersettings have been damaged. There are a number of ways that this could happen - corrupted software install/uninstall, virus, adware, etc. I would recommend re-installing. It will take a while, but although you could troubleshoot something like this and find the answer in an hour, you could also work for days and still never find the root cause... Luck,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2008 11:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics