Users need to adminster servers
All, I am trying to permit group of users to administer the servers. For testing i have added one user to Server Operators on DC, user able to login but unable to start & stop the system services. Please help. Karuna
May 18th, 2011 1:00pm

The server operators group may be limited, depending on what you need this group of users to do. If the users can be administrators on these servers, the easiest way is to create a group called "server administrators", then create a GPO and add this group to the local admins group on the servers via the Restricted Groups option in the GPO. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 18th, 2011 1:38pm

Hi, I would like to confirm that if Server Operators cannot start and stop all the system services? If only a few services cannot be modified, please let me know the service names. In addition, please also check if the domain administrator can modify these services? On domain controllers, members of the Server Operators group can log on interactively, create and delete shared resources, start and stop some services, backup and restore files, format the hard disk, and shut down the computer. This group has no default members. Because this group has significant power on domain controllers, add users with caution. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: Default groups http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756898(WS.10).aspx Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 20th, 2011 5:07am

Hi, I want set of users should be able to manage McAfee Ant-Virus services on all member servers. Any thoughts on how to implement this. Regards, KarunaKaruna
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 13th, 2011 8:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics