Users Migration AD 2003
hi everyone I am using ADMT 3.0 I need to migrate user account from our child domain to parent. I had no issues with accounts that only exist on one domain. Now there a some accounts that are on both domain so I need to merge these accounts But in ADMT the option is grayed out. any ideas? thanks
June 30th, 2010 2:06pm

Hi, Could you please tell me the exact option that is grayed out when you try to migrate the user account? In addition, please remember that we cannot have multiple accounts with the same sAMAccountName in the same domain. For more information, please refer to the following KB article: 234051 Unable to Add More Than One User or Object with the Same Name to Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;234051This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2010 6:00am

Migrate and Merge conflicting object is grayed" can use" i thought that option was for cases like this , so what shall i do now ?
July 1st, 2010 7:29am

Hello Haitham1977- I asked a colleague from my Active Directory Team to answer your question and he had the following response- The reason you cannot “merge” a source and target user when the same accounts reside in the same forest (child and parent domains) is that ADMT will not merge these accounts. ADMT when used in intra forest migrations actually will “move” the source user to the target domain. Think of it as destructive, it will delete the source object and recreate the target object. The reason for this is the source user SID will be included in the target users SidHistory. This would lead to duplicate SID’s in the forest and eventually lead to problems with SID to name resolution. The only way to accomplish this is the two domains are actually in different forests. In regards to the other “Deleting class Registration objects in Active Directory with alternate credentials” I will have to do some research seeing how they are actually using a powershell script and there does not appear to be an issue with AD itself. Ron Stock [MSFT] Microsoft On-Line Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 8th, 2010 5:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics