Username and password are incorrect
Hi All Ive just installed a server client system with Server 2008 I added all the users and they all logged in fine, as ive gone to re install the data from the previous OS (Vista Home), one of the workstations no longer accepts any of the users passwords or usernames, however, if i try another workstation, they log in fine... Any help would be great as i am a start up business and would like to ensure i make an impression... Cheers Alex
June 10th, 2010 4:29pm

Hi Alex, Since this is definitely a workgroup type setup (Vista Home cannot be joined to the domain), are the users' usernames and passwords different on the old vista home system? Resetting a password on one machine in a workgroup environment will not replicate the password change elsewhere, so there are likely old usernames/passwords on the workstation that is not working. On 6/10/2010 7:29 AM, OS-WEB wrote: > Hi All > > Ive just installed a server client system with Server 2008 > > I added all the users and they all logged in fine, as ive gone to re > install the data from the previous OS (Vista Home), one of the > workstations no longer accepts any of the users passwords or usernames, > however, if i try another workstation, they log in fine... > > Any help would be great as i am a start up business and would like to > ensure i make an impression... > > Cheers > > Alex > -- Mike Burr
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 11th, 2010 9:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics