User with SIDHistory not able to request certain certificate templates

Hello, 

I need some light while troubleshooting certificate request for 1 particular user that has SIDHistory attribute due a recent migration (with ADMT) from one child domain to another. 

My scenario is composed by:

- 1 Issuing CA un the parent forest located at HUB. 

- Each child domain has a DR Domain Controller also located at HUB. Then each region have their DCs remotely where end users authenticate.

- 2 certificate templates that are accesible for user of a particular group, lets call it GroupA

This 1 particular user is member GroupA and AD replication is in place in all DCs from this child domain, I've confirmed via  repadmin /showattr CHUILD-DC* "distiniguedName" and group membership is ok.

The user in the previous child domain is no longer existing and had any cert issued before at the issuing CA, therefore there is only 1 user. 

When user request manually the cert templates, we click on "Show all templates" and we can see that is CA is not allowing the request because user has no rights. 

I've checked via ADSI Edit, Global Catalog option, that at the user object, the global catalog don't contain details for group membership. 

Questions:

How can I confirm from the Issuing CA what attibutes of the user object is seeing?

Does the CA check group membership from the closest DC for the child domain or does it check from the closest DC in the parent domain from Global Catalog

September 6th, 2015 7:23pm

Hi,

>>Questions:

>>How can I confirm from the Issuing CA what attibutes of the user object is seeing?

>>Does the CA check group membership from the closest DC for the child domain or does it check from the closest DC in the parent domain from Global Catalog info?

CA use Kerberos to authenticate the users. This authentication service is provided by the ADCS. To get better help, please try to post your question on the ADDS forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverDS

Besides, to verify if this issue is a CA specific issue or authentication issue, we can create a shared folder on the CA server and share it with the Group A. If the user can't access the shared folder, it should be an authentication issue.

Best Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 13th, 2015 11:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics