User profile settings have changed to a temp status and settings are not being saved.
Hi All I desperately require your help. I have installed a server network into an office running Windows Server 2008, 5 workstations running Vista Business and 6 users in total. Long story short, the profiles were loading correctly and everything was fine, however all of a sudden profiles have changed to a temp status and every time i set outlook accounts up, (not exchange) they are not saved. To begin with we used an external hard drive (Buffalo Tera Station) to store the roaming profiles on and load from there as they were so big, however we have moved the profiles back to the server and are now facing this new issue. None of the permissions have changed and the migration itself was a successful one. One item that does throw my mind is the fact that all other aspects of the profile are being saved ie My Documents. For example, outlook was stored on 192.168.0.70\profiles\username\appdata\roming\microsoft\outlook We moved it back to the server 192.168.0.69\profiles\username\appdata\roming\microsoft\outlook I have remapped the .pst file in outlook to the .69 location and yet this is never saved when i log off and log back in again. Any ideas please. Any questions, feel free to ask....
October 12th, 2010 5:17pm

Hi, Thanks for your posting. Please help clarify the following questions: 1. When did the issue begin to occur? Was it working fine after moving the user profile? 2. According to your description, the issue only occurs on the Outlook settings. Did the settings save locally on one workstation? 3. Does the issue occur on all the 5 workstations? Please open Mail Setup of Outlook, check the Data Files option, make sure the locations of the .pst file and .ost file are correct. After that, please locate the roaming profile folder on server 192.168.0.69. Check the NTFS permission to make sure that the user, SYSTEM, and administrators have Full Controller permission on their folders and all sub-folder (especially the Outlook data). Check the share permission to ensure that each user has Full Control permission on their own folders. If the permissions on server roaming profile folders are correctly, please check whether the user can access their own profile folders from one of the workstation. To do this, you can access \profiles\username\appdata\roming\microsoft\outlook on server via IP from one workstation. If the issue persists, please help gather the following file for research: Event log =========== 1. Click "Start", click “Run”, input "eventvwr" and press Enter. 2. Expand the "Windows Logs" node on the left pane, right-click on "Application" and click "Save All Events As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then click save. 3. Locate the saved app log on the Desktop and send it to us. Upload the file to the following workspace. ------------------------------------------------------------ You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=708e6c61-9314-4e4b-b252-3539672ad2cf) Password: 8WY]GkgJCNNy{ Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Thanks. NinaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 13th, 2010 5:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics